Need help choosing stripe color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so I went and talked to the guys at the auto vinyl place today and they got me thinking about how I'm gonna do this stripe thing. I want to do an offcentered 8" stripe down the hood, grill, roof, and tailgate and a 2" stripe beside it with 1" gap in between.

This is what pushed me over the edge to do this. (Sorry spoolin, I'm totally ripping off your truck)
You must be registered for see images attach

the thing is I don't know if I want flat black or red. If I do flat black I need to change the "454" on the bed to be the same color, I was also thinking of wrapping the mirrors too since the paint is really faded anyway. This would be very subtle and then there'd only be 2 colors on the truck (black, flat black, red).

or

I could do the stripe red. It'd match the bowtie, calipers, and SS. Good thing, it'd be different and VERY noticable. I am afraid that the stripe might be too "loud" like this though. There will also be 3 colors on the truck then (Black, grey, red)

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it would look cool to do the stripes in the same grey as the "454" on the bed side, leaving your only red being the bowtie, calipers, and SS.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Get the hint? :deal:

Steering wheel! :drool:

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the second crowd to suggest the dark grey. I hadn't even thought of that. Anybody wanna do some photochoppin for me?

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My wife says nogo on the dark grey. I kinda agree with her. I want as few colors as possible. If I do flat black then there will only be 2 colors really on the truck.