My truck doesnt run. No fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelC43

Reaction score
Hey everyone first time poster i have a problem with 1998 Silverado when i turn the key i cannot hear the fuel pump turn on I replaced it due to the truck running bad but i have nothing now. On another note not sure if its related the security light on my dash is on but only for 10 sec so i haven't been able to reset it could this be causing my problems? Last thing to mention i tried jumping it since it had been sitting for a few months and i reversed the leads but only for a few seconds could i have fried something how do I check? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a truck dirt cheap where the owner had reversed the leads and would no longer start. We brought a trailer just in case, but also brought a battery and computer. We paid the guy, put in the computer, and the truck fired right up. He wasn't happy. That ended up being a good truck, F150 with a 302 and oddball 5 speed with short 5th and 4.10s. Would bark and chirp all through 1st gear while being pulled on by soccer moms in their minivans who weren't even trying.

AxelC43

Reaction score
*Update*So after working on it and checking over a few things i finally pulled the bed off and it turns out we never plugged the fuel pump in just a matter of miscommunication but thx for the suggestions anyway.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
*Update*So after working on it and checking over a few things i finally pulled the bed off and it turns out we never plugged the fuel pump in just a matter of miscommunication but thx for the suggestions anyway.
Dammit man, I don't know how old you are, but as you get older those things will just seem like a normal day to you . Glad you got it straightened out.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

You are going to do fine here. You admitted not hooking it up. Good for you. Glad it is working and welcome to the forum. We have all done something similar at one time or another.