My 454SS's, now that's alot of S's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish there were stickers that said "GMC" in the same font for my truck :( anyway, what are your plans for the other two trucks? This white one is coming along VERY nicely, MADD respect for your blood, sweat, tears, and love put into this thing. Hopefully someday i can fully restore mine with the same kind of perseverance.
The Black one with the powder coated frame is more of a show truck then anything, but it does have a 500H.P. 454 on spray. The other black one (in the body shop now) is getting the supercharged crusader 454. I'm still looking for a rebuildble Red 454SS. The white one is the one I have at the house, as you can see I have a very small garage at home.

The White 454 pictures just can not show how every nut/bolt/screw is in its proper place. And not one piece of plastic is broken, the suspension has no squeaks, brakes operate like the truck just rolled off the line. It's really going to better quality control checked then what it was at the factory.

Remember "I" rebuilt the engine, everything is balanced/blueprinted, 7 angle valve job, shaved head's. And on and on and on and on.........

Everything is literally "Mercedes" tight in the engine, in fact I may have to put a gear reduction starter in it, it has quiet a bit of compression.

You touch the gas, and it spins both back tires. The trans/engine controls are all matched from "JET", I took the truck to them, they tuned it right there.

It seriously is a very nice truck, I will surely miss her, she has been faithful since 92.

Now I'm sad.

But someone is going to get three nice 454SS's, all at one time, once they are ready.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More on the white one.

You must be registered for see images attach

It passed Cali emissions test... legally..

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Looking good.

I have a stupid question though.. what do you think someone on the internet can do with your license plate that someone driving behind you on the freeway can't? And assuming that I know the answer to that, do you cover your plate whenever you drive anywhere too?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
For future reference, doesn't look like the driver side taillight is fully clipped on. That is literally the only flaw i see. Beautiful truck, man.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good.

I have a stupid question though.. what do you think someone on the internet can do with your license plate that someone driving behind you on the freeway can't? And assuming that I know the answer to that, do you cover your plate whenever you drive anywhere too?
Never had a stalker ex-girlfriend cop huh?

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For future reference, doesn't look like the driver side taillight is fully clipped on. That is literally the only flaw i see. Beautiful truck, man.
The inside fixture has a broken tab, I have others, I just havn't gone to the storage to get one.

Good eye though.