My 1997 GMC Somewhat bulid thread ( Lots of Pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe ill be gettin some help from you on this one haha, i have no idea what im doin when it comes to trannys

I got you covered man! The Servo is pretty easy! Minimal skill required. I used the write up on here, GMFS and a two minute Youtube video and had it done no problem alone. The trans cooler I'm going strictly off the write up on here! Either way I'm more than happy to help any way possible just shoot me a text or give me a call when you do it!

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I got you covered man! The Servo is pretty easy! Minimal skill required. I used the write up on here, GMFS and a two minute Youtube video and had it done no problem alone. The trans cooler I'm going strictly off the write up on here! Either way I'm more than happy to help any way possible just shoot me a text or give me a call when you do it!

Itll probably be awhile with tryin to get stuff squared away for the wedding and paying off the truck, minimal work is gonna be done for a while

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Got a picture of mine next to a clean black long bed also with a Rough Country lift and it was on 35s...... You can tell that mine is just about as high on 33s! I would have backed up to be even with it but there was a car behind my space. The only difference was it had a little rake and the AAL in the back was a little higher than my 3/4 ton leaf springs in the rear but mine sits level

You must be registered for see images attach

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
So I was out of town and didn't run my truck for three days and this morning before my class I started it to let it warm up. It started fine and ran for about ten minutes. I turned it off to use my key to lock the house door and thirty seconds later it started and died right away then would just crank and crank but not turn over. While it was cranking steam/smoke was coming out of the exhaust pipes and it smelled really bad. Any ideas what it could be?

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Got some 2" Spacers from Skee for the rear and just haven't posted a pic yet! I love the way she looks in the back now!
BEFORE

AFTER

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
So my truck is losing a ridiculous amount of coolant but I can't find any leaks. On Saturday it nearly over heated and I pulled over and it took almost two whole jugs of coolant. Then this morning I start it to go to school and after like ten minutes of idling I noticed it running a little warmer than usual and it took nearly another jug! Any ideas of what could be going on? I was told either an intake manifold gasket or a head gasket. Any way to know for sure?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's leaking somewhere while running or burning it then. Any white smoke while driving? Sweet smelling exhaust?