MPFI problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Do you have a solid front alxe on your truck? Ive been thing of doing a conversion.
The transmissions on our truck are very simple believe it or not. I rebuilt mine 4 months ago. I used a dvd followed along. A stock rebuild with ever gasket steel and replaceable part imaginable was under 250$ there was even a rebuild for the valve body that took care of the tcc failure. Dont be afraid to rebuild it if that is your problem.
That rear brake light is a ***** to get off , I took mine of not to long ago to do my brake booster. You tube saved me . There is a clip on the brake pedal its self , you have to fight with .
But thats why I love our trucks all in all there very simple if you understand them but very robust.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, solid front. I did the swap almost 5 years ago.
The hard part was finding an axle and getting all the parts. Once I had everything. it took a friend and I, a weekend to get it drive able. As for the brake light switch, it was a *****. Got it swapped out last night.
I think I watched 4 different videos on removing the damn clip.
Everything seems good now with the transmission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The brake light switch clip is a *****? Videos?? It's split across a hole, insert small snap ring pliers, spread a tiny little bit and slide it right off.

Richard

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
The brake light switch clip is a *****? Videos?? It's split across a hole, insert small snap ring pliers, spread a tiny little bit and slide it right off.

Richard
Some need videos if they have never done the job. Nothing wrong with being prepared.
Not all gmt400s have that style clip if you look there are 2 different ones . The other one were not talking about is easier than the split style.
Yes the clip is easy . Fitting my broad body and both of my fat hand stubby Italian hands in there around all the wiring and my alarm remote starter , while twisting and pushing was the hard part. I weigh 235 and am six two.
Mine sure as hell didnt slide right off.
I guess if I had dainty hands it would be easier for me . Now removing the brake booster, I was very glad I own air tools and a air ratchet . I would of been there all day spinning those nuts out 1/16th of a turn at a time.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm aware of both styles. The round one w/the split on the later trucks is the one that seems to give people the most trouble, but I found it quite easy. Gotta take a step back sometimes and look at the situation and come up with a way to handle it.

Having built, rebuilt, and stripped down more of these trucks than I can count, believe me, there's a first time for everything. Nobody goes into a situation for the first time already knowing how to do it.

Richard

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
I'm aware of both styles. The round one w/the split on the later trucks is the one that seems to give people the most trouble, but I found it quite easy. Gotta take a step back sometimes and look at the situation and come up with a way to handle it.

Having built, rebuilt, and stripped down more of these trucks than I can count, believe me, there's a first time for everything. Nobody goes into a situation for the first time already knowing how to do it.

Richard
Hey man, I tried to PM you but it says your messages are full, do you have an email I could reach you at?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man, I tried to PM you but it says your messages are full, do you have an email I could reach you at?

lolz, didn't realize I was that popular. Actually I had a bunch of ancient messages I hadn't cleared out...blew 'em out just now.

Richard