License plate lights flashing with left/right signals on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Just got all the wiring to actually work to the rear end of my truck. BUT - my license plate lights are working only when my left or right signal is on. (both license holder lights come on and flash). AND - when I turn my headlights on, the signals begin to flash rapidly. Probably 4-5x as quick as they normally should. :S Electronics are the death of me.. lemme know what you all think!
Thanks.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Agreed, my whole ass-end went haywire and the ground terminal on the top of the driver-side of the frame, under the bed, was caked with dirt. Unbolted it, wiped it off, wiped the frame off, haven't had the problem since.

Reaction score
Yup bad ground.... It can do a lot of weird things. I forgot to hook the ground back up when I changed my fender and my horn was turning my high beams on. LOL

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Lol! Thanks for the good info and the couple of laughs there fellas. The ONE thing I didn't check was the ground strap - i don't know why. It was right there staring at me.
Will be pulling that sucker off in the AM and see what it does. Spent an hour with electronic spray/cleaner to clean up the harness and male/female ends. Made them work, but acted weird. She's coming together slowly but surely!

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleaned and replaced ground, relocated it aswell, still flashing with signals, and really dim, seems like hardly any power getting to them. Any ideas?!

I have no idea then. I have only heard of a bad ground on the light harness causing that :think:

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Courtesy interior lights went out - replaced fused - working again. ASWELL As bringing my cargo light back to life and license plate holder lights no longer flashing.
Weird - but works for me.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had this issue a week ago it was the right corner marker socket the bulb had melted the inner part of the socket and when i put led bulbs in the running light contact was gounding against the turn contact and made plate lights and dash lights flash when right signal was on