L29 CNP conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8T7K5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While the engine is out of my K2500 Suburban getting ready to be rebuilt I've been thinking about doing a coil near plug conversion. I know the L21 came with CNP from the factory and I've managed to find a set of L21 valve covers. I know nothing about wiring and in order to do this I'd need to either do an 0411 swap or get the harness and ecm from the donor L21, which I can also get, or wire the 8 coils into my current L29 harness, plus the 24x reluctor and new cap for the distributor. This truck won't be used for towing or much beyond a daily driver so the benefits of CNP for me would simply be fewer moving parts and hopefully better reliability/ease of maintenance, plus a little better performance. I figure even with my inability to read and understand a wiring diagram I can do the 0411 pinouts but fabricating a harness or adding 8 separate ignition coils into my current harness isn't something I'd feel comfortable doing. I've read and re read multiple articles on similar swaps and it's Greek to me. What would be the better alternative? Get the complete L21 harness and 0411 pcm or modify my existing harness or are there other choices?