Introduction, question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I am new to this forum, I found it through the FSC forum. I will get started by introducing myself, My name is Andrew. I drive a 1998 Chevrolet K1500 4x4, Silverado package. It has the 350 motor, 4L60E tranny and an NP241 transfer case I believe. As of right now, I have done very little to it as of right now. I keep going back and fourth on everything. So what has been done to the truck, I have had 4 sets of tires on it. Set of Courser A/T, a set of Courser A/T2s, set of the orginal KM mud terrains. And now I have a set of 305/70R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers. I wasted the money on a set of torsion keys. Motor wise, I have a K&N air filter and a throttle body spacer.

Ok, now the question. In the next month or so a guy from work is going to help me with a lift. I was going to get the Rough Country 6in lift, and just not add the AALs. But I was talking to a guy at work about it. And he has a coupon for Superlift and he can get me the 4-6 in. Superlift for the same price as the Rough Country, just a $100 dollars more. Question is, how good is this lift? And, would it be a good decision to go ahead and get it.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I'm not a lift expert by any means, but I've always heard the Superlift's were good for these trucks. Better than the RCX...I'm not sure. Maybe for another $200 you could go with the Cepek??? Heard nothing but great things about them.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry cant help you either but Im sure someone will chime in. Welcome to the site

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New to the forum and already messed up. Is there anyway that this thread can get moved to the stock suspension + bolt on kits section. I just realized I clicked on the wrong topic when i did this. But thanks for the replys so far.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I have a superlift kit on my truck. I have had it now for close to 3 years, no problems with the lift at all and my truck gets used offroad too. No problems holding allignment either. Install and fit was pretty simple and only bad thing I can say about it is that the paint didnt last long on it. Any better then the RC?, I cant really say as I havent seen the newer design up close. No regrets on buying mine.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well mine is on the road year round till hunting season than it sees off road trails. Other than that the lift is more for looks than anything. I don't go mudding, I am notinto all of that like some people. I hate trying to get all of the mud off my truck afterwards. So other than hunting season its on the road. So I looked this lift kit up and its a 1600 dollar lift. And I am going to get it for 1100. So I think I will be stupid to say no. Thanks for the input.