Hummer H2 wheels with GMT400 center caps (new)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I got this truck over 3 years ago it needed a front end rebuild and new tires so I did that. About a year later I wanted a lift but was not ready to buy new tires again so soon so I left the lift height at about 3-4 inches, as low as it could go.

I finally wore out those tires and it was time to get new ones so I bought the ones I wanted and cranked up the front end to the full 6" and installed the supplied AAL in the rear for the full lift.

The wheels are Hummer H2s I got in a trade a while back. The tires are Toyo MTs at 35x12.5x17, and the center caps are vintage 1995ish. The caps were about 1/16" too big to fit so I trimmed them down and I think they came out alright.

I was first looking for center caps from 2007.5-2009 8 lug trucks but could not find any that weren't $50/each and I found the 400 caps for $40 shipped. I used GMT800 lug nuts and plastic lug nuts to make everything fit.

How they came:

You must be registered for see images attach

Trimmed 1/2" inch or so off the end. I left the nubbins to keep the spacing correct all the way around when seated:

A lathe would have been nice, but I used a grinding wheel to "turn down" the outside edges. I just did a little at a time till they fit in the wheel but were a little snug:

Fit nice with the GMT800 lug nut cover things:

And the rest of the truck (crappy pic at work):

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments.

No build thread on this really but I frequent some other diesel sites with the same user name and have some stuff on them.