HID Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MY TURN! so im kinda night blind, its hereditary to say the least. i just put new bulbs in my truck last night, the sylvania ultra or whatever. tthe brightest bulb you can buy in a store and i cant even see still. so i wanna do hids. ive asked it before but it really wasnt explained good. whats the deal with the colors and number, basically can you break it down for me?

From my HID stickie thread linked in my sig...

1badgmc said:
What are color temperatures?
HIDs can be had in a variety of different colors. The color is measured in degrees Kelvin (K). Most HID sellers offer color temperatures ranging from 3000K to 12000K. There are higher Kelvin temperatures out there, but this is the most common range. 3000K HIDs are going to be very yellow/amber in color and are best left for auxiliary/fog lighting. Stock halogen bulbs are around 3200K. Cars that came factory equipped with HIDs, no matter what the make or model, are all in the 4100 – 4300K range. The low 4000K range will give you the whitest possible light with the most useable lumens and most visibility. Higher temperatures will produce a bluer color with less visible light. An 8000K HID bulb will produce about 20% less visible light than a 4300K HID bulb. There is a reason that the OEM HIDs are in the low-4000K range.

You must be registered for see images attach

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just got my two boxes of hids in from ddmtuning.com Shipping was somewhat slow but Its December so i expected that. I order 6 sets. Mainly 9005 9006 for my chevys and H13 for my superduty. I got 6000k 55W on all of them except the H13 where i got the 4300k or whatever it is. I will post some before and after pictures soon as i get time.

On the 90 silverado i did the hi4 mod as you may have seen in my other post where i built my own relay box. So 55 watt high and low beams on together should really be something else when im out in fields.
You must be registered for see images

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres a taste
You must be registered for see images

its a bad camera phone picture but its all i can do until my girl gets home with the camera

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ddm 4500k orderd em sat got them today look real good and bright. its sick at night and the warm up looks sick too the blue to white. they are amazing. i love em haha hate the yellow stock healoight color. paid for 3 day shipping cuz i hate waiting haha. got my rear block and bumper brackets all today. was a good day haha

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got 6k but i think they are a little toooooo blue for me. i think 5k or 4500k will be in my next order for all my trucks and cars

Static 90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 4500K 35W lows and 5000K 55W highs. I wish I would have gotten 4500K 55W for the highs. They are too blue for me. Buuuut, that is in the daytime. Let me run them at night and see how they look first. Plus I just finished installing them.