help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i cant really understand your replys...but to check your connections of grounds u need to drop tank an pull the whole pump assembly and youl see where they are ... an i never said for a fact that your pump or sending unit was bad i was just giving you some other options besides the sensors...like i said before im definetly not doubting the sensors just giving more locations of were your problem might be... so clear something up for me, are u getting fuel past your fuel filter?? if you are then your pump is working so start looking from that point on towards the injectors

bluchevy

Reaction score
no i am not gettin any power to the pump so its not a pressure problem

bluchevy

Reaction score
yes and is there only one of them? the one for the gauges works fine. oh i tested the fuse just with a 12 volt light and one of the treminals the fuses plug into light up as a ground is this normal?

bluchevy

Reaction score
so todat i hooked everything back up after pullin my tank and it got fuel to the then didnt i toook a testing light and checked the connection to the pump and when the key was on the light was real dim and blinking from time to time any ideas

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have any ideas on that but as far as the oil pressure sensors there are two of them on these trucks the one just under the distributor that tells the gauge what the oil pressure is and one that connects to the fuel pump relay that won't let the truck run if there is no oil pressure (i'm not sure where that one is). Anyways good luck figuring this out man.

bluchevy

Reaction score
It was my ecm was bad i replaced it and it works fine now. has anyone had the same problem? i was tracking down the problem and found no hot came outta the ecm when the key was on. replaced it and it runs fine