Help with hvac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graham Cole

Reaction score
Hey guys it's my first list here! What I have is problems with the lights in my hvac, everything works on it except for the backlights to illuminate the controls, I've checked fuses, bulbs and I can't find a thing! Is the unit toast? Thanks in advance guys!

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Near as I can recall, there are bulbs right in the circuit board behind the knobs. You will have to remove the control unit to get at them. Hope I'm not mistaken on this.

Look for a thread somewhere in the stickies about HVAC problems, and you should find a picture to show the inside of the unit.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
There three or four bulbs and they can be replaced.Look at the yellow wire in the pic,they are all connected by t his wire.The sockets can be removed by a twist & pull,the bulbs pull straight out from the socket.

You must be registered for see images attach

sorry for the flash glare :(

Graham Cole

Reaction score
i have pulled the hvac out and it's not the lights, none are burnt out, and I even tried my new led bulbs and still nothing. My hvac looks pretty much the same as yours except instead of the wires on the back my bulbs twist into the socket that has the circuit board behind it

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Sorry but I've never had a problem like yours so I can't help any more.Hopefully someone else can.