Help identifying a brake-system part.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I did a dumb thing. I had a brake line go, and I mistakenly tried to thread a metric fitting into this unidentified part and completely stripped it out. I was so disgusted with my ineptitude and foolishness that I closed the hood and it's been sitting out there for months.

On my 89 3500...there's the master cylinder and then there are lines that go down to another doo-hickey, before the lines go off to each wheel...What is the doo-hickey?
I'm guessing that it has something to do with ABS, but I don't have a name for it and I can't even call a parts store or a junk yard and ask for a "doo-hickey" without getting laughed off the face of the planet. So...you guys can laugh at me here and I can be a little anonymous still...or at least act like it.

Any help would be appreciated.
If you have a doo-hickey you are willing to part with, please send the package to:

Worlds Worst Auto-Mechanic
Ken F.
Falmouth, MA 02540

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I did a dumb thing. I had a brake line go, and I mistakenly tried to thread a metric fitting into this unidentified part and completely stripped it out. I was so disgusted with my ineptitude and foolishness that I closed the hood and it's been sitting out there for months.

On my 89 3500...there's the master cylinder and then there are lines that go down to another doo-hickey, before the lines go off to each wheel...What is the doo-hickey?
I'm guessing that it has something to do with ABS, but I don't have a name for it and I can't even call a parts store or a junk yard and ask for a "doo-hickey" without getting laughed off the face of the planet. So...you guys can laugh at me here and I can be a little anonymous still...or at least act like it.

Any help would be appreciated.
If you have a doo-hickey you are willing to part with, please send the package to:

Worlds Worst Auto-Mechanic
Ken F.
Falmouth, MA 02540

the master and abs unit are usually oddball fittings, its easier to just remove the old tube and put on new tube and reflare

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I checked it this morning, I took a picture but I'm leaning towards it being the ABS unit because there is a wire coming off of the top and there was a rectangular box mounted on the side of it at one point via two tangs. I'll post the picture in a minute.

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

this is the thing right here.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup thats the prop valve by the looks of it.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
assuming that's the ABS unit, what's the best approach to getting a new unit? Junk yard? I wouldn't imagine the local auto parts stores would have something like this even available via order. Really I appreciate the help with this.