Hello from the high desert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Picking it up tomorrow. Called my insurance company, going to be less than $10/month for full coverage to add it to my existing policy so that's nice. Looking forward to getting it home, cleaning it up, and driving it a little. Been over 3 years since I had a truck. Last one was a 71 F100 Short bed I had for 10 years. I swapped discs, 5.0 HO and AOD into, along with a bunch of other little mods. I had to sell it to pay for my cross country move to California. Miss that truck, and so does my oldest son. He still mentions it from time to time and he was only 4 when I sold it.
Congrats. I had a 93 WT for 10 years. It was a grate truck. I liked it so much that 3 years after I had it, I bought a 97 Silvrrado 3 door with a Vortec 5.7L. That was 2002. I sold the WT whem the trans went out at about 275,000 miles. I still habe the 97. One more thing. Alot of us have a dark background on here. Itakes it hard to read black letters. IYDM could you change your letter color to something that will show up on a dark gray background.

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't know about the background issue, color test 1, color test 2. Either of these better than the other?

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe cuz I'm on a phone but the backgrounds are all white with black lettering for me. Except for your last post I see lettering both red and blue

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't know about the background issue, color test 1, color test 2. Either of these better than the other?
Yes, the first color test is good. Blue and black dont show up very good against a dark gray background. Maybe the admin changed the settings, but when I joined this forum, the background was dark gray. I guess I got used to that, so I have never reset mine, but I know that if mine is like that, then there are a lot of members on here who have a dark gray back ground. The red letters show up nice.