Hard Start & "Check Gauges" light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently the truck has been really hard to start. It turns over fine it just doesn't catch and start up until I pump on the gas. I've checked the battery, it's fine. Replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, checked fuel pressure running 55-60 so that's fine. Don't know what else it could be making it hard to start.

Also my check gauges light has been coming on intermittently. But only when I'm at a stop. I know my coolant temp gauge doesn't work correctly (even though I've replaced the two sensors, thermostat, and the relay) it doesn't read the correct temperature (doesn't match what the scanner is saying the temp is).

Also the oil pressure gauge drops real low when at idle sometimes down below 20... but hops back up when pressed on the gas. I know that's normal but I don't think it's supposed to drop down that low.

I've had the truck tuned by nelson performance to fix my speedo and shift points etc.

I just don't know where to start or what it might be.. any suggestions??

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a leaky injector. replaced with the mpfi spider and problem solved.

also swapped the cluster with a tahoe cluster swapped the odometers too.

everything works now