Grilles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sick92

Reaction score
My Favorite Grille!!

You must be registered for see images attach

skaneever

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went from chrome to flat black on mine. Nothing special, but I like it.
Before

After

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Hmmm after reading through this thread I am leaning more and more towards getting a billet grille insert for my truck rather then running the RPB style grille i was originally looking at for it. Perhaps if i did change grille shells i may look more into the Cat eye style one with the same billet grille insert....

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Went from chrome to flat black on mine. Nothing special, but I like it.
Before

After

I know i messaged you about it, but did you end up painting it too or is it just the stock black? what about, did it scratch easy when you took that chrome off?

skaneever

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know i messaged you about it, but did you end up painting it too or is it just the stock black? what about, did it scratch easy when you took that chrome off?

Once the chrome comes off its a grey swirly color, I just hit it with a few coats of flat black. It didn't scratch real easily, I just had to sand a few minor scratches out of the plastic.

fredrico

Reaction score
i got the lund insert from a truck i bought for the window sheild, im planning on building one that looks like the rbp grilles if i find the time.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Hmmm after reading through this thread I am leaning more and more towards getting a billet grille insert for my truck rather then running the RPB style grille i was originally looking at for it. Perhaps if i did change grille shells i may look more into the Cat eye style one with the same billet grille insert....

I would just do a simple billet insert , maybe powdercoat it black to be different . less is more imo

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yea i can def see running the insert and eventually having it powder coated black with the edges left exposed to retain some of the billet look.