Grille Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brwnelky

Reaction score
I recently inherited a 93 Pace Truck and I have a quick question about the grille. I read somewhere that most of the aftermarket replacements are of questionable quality. I thought I also read that the emblem doesn't have the recessed area and sticks out. I bought a cheap one to use temporarily so I could sit the original one aside and fix it eventually. Looking at the grille currently on the truck (I thought was OEM) there is no recessed area. Can anyone confirm this is an aftermarket grille I don't need to keep around? Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like an after market but, on a 93 Im not sure. I will say this though. I have an aftermarket grill on my 97. The only difference I see on mine is that the very top and very bottom on the bow tie have no border around it. Only the sides do. I have been having this grill for 10 years, and it is just now starting to show a little age. My truck is at a car show almost every weekend, and no one notices thats its not OE. This is a recent pic, if you zoom in, maybe you can tell, maybe.

Brwnelky

Reaction score
Looks like an after market but, on a 93 Im not sure. I will say this though. I have an aftermarket grill on my 97. The only difference I see on mine is that the very top and very bottom on the bow tie have no border around it. Only the sides do. I have been having this grill for 10 years, and it is just now starting to show a little age. My truck is at a car show almost every weekend, and no one notices thats its not OE. This is a recent pic, if you zoom in, maybe you can tell, maybe.
Thanks, based on that picture I think it is a little more noticeable on the earlier grilles. Either way I just wanted to make sure the broken grille on the truck currently isn't oem and therefore not worth keeping. Truck looks good!

I just bought a brand new OEM GM 88-93 grille last week. It's definitely recessed for the emblem.
Thanks for the info. Too bad the black oem grille is discontinued.

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Too bad the black oem grille is discontinued.

I haven't ever researched getting an OEM black grille so I didn't know whether they were still a valid part number or not. It sounds like the chrome versions of the early grille are likely to go obsolete from GM pretty soon too, that's why I wanted to get an extra one and store away while I still could.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you buy from a dealership or another source? Is the OEM emblem also available?

Just FYI from what I've looked at over the years Amazon tends to be the cheapest source for OEM grilles. Not sure in this particular case, though. The chrome '88-'93 quad headlight Chevy grille is part number 15615110. Looks like it's around $450 on Amazon and around $250 on GM Parts Direct and Wholesale GM Parts Online. The GM parts sites usually tack on an extra $2-300 shipping charge though where as Amazon does not.

The OEM '88-'93 Chevy grille emblems are still available. Part number 15607532 for the black and red sport bowtie, 15530936 for the standard gold one. Both are around $60.

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Classic Parts of America of kansas city oem 88-93 chrome quad grill part #61-2921 $299.95 +o.s. ship

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just FYI from what I've looked at over the years Amazon tends to be the cheapest source for OEM grilles. Not sure in this particular case, though. The chrome '88-'93 quad headlight Chevy grille is part number 15615110. Looks like it's around $450 on Amazon and around $250 on GM Parts Direct and Wholesale GM Parts Online. The GM parts sites usually tack on an extra $2-300 shipping charge though where as Amazon does not.

The OEM '88-'93 Chevy grille emblems are still available. Part number 15607532 for the black and red sport bowtie, 15530936 for the standard gold one. Both are around $60.
With the shipping cost, I wonder if maybe trying to order directly from a dealership is cheaper? Thanks for the part numbers.

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine came from a dealership. The price was 227. I have a friend who works in the parts department so my price may not be something just anyone could expect. Once per month I buy OEM parts as I can afford while they're still available for my truck.