Got the Double Din installed today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
It looks like you cut into the trim piece above it. Is that why you didn't have to move the HVAC controls?

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah he trimmed up the bezel so nothing else would have to be adjusted.

Yes, that's exactly right. I didn't want to move the ac down and lose my little storage area down there. I did a cut and made it so the cd disc just clears when it is ejected. Although I find I dont use the disc much because of the XM and the Ipod...lol

This radio for some odd reason did not like the steering wheel controls and the touch screen really acted up until they were unplugged, now all is well. I am pulling the wheel with the controls and swapping it today for a 04 trailblazer wheel with no controls. I think that new wheel looks better anyhow.

Shawn

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
Ok...

It was nice today. The Double DIN is in, I was going to post a write up here, but I read in another post that a few people are getting annoyed with reading about double din installs.

I however did a write up, and it can be found here, on my car clubs website...

Double Din Install

here is a pic of the almost complete result... Made a slight change, so I am awaiting the new trim plate...

You must be registered for see images attach

Shawn

Poppin' pills and changin' stereos :p

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Very nice install.. Im new to the double din touch jazz, im looking at putting one in my daily I can get a deal on a pioneer 3200bt. However in order to have navigation I have to purchase another componant wich is about 300 bucks. Thats crazy considering you can buy a stand alone for 100. Is there any other cost effective way to have navi through the deck?

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

No airbag light, everything working normally...

Shawn