Got some alternators here for a 98 silverado 5.7 v8 ;]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knockoutpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
State - Arizona
Year of vehicle - 1998
Model of Vehicle C1500 v8 5.7
Damages, if any - Alternator super squeaky
Price - Idk lol
Shipping or Pickup Only - Either

Idk What to do guys, power washed my engine, looks damn fine now. But alternator squeals like a big being slaughtered, I don't want to take it apart so I ended up purchasing one of eBay, 200 amp output of course, What can I do with this old one? Sorry fellas ain't gonna give it away for free! Can I fix it? Should I sell it? I bought it from dB eletrical back in Feb of 2011. I spent $240 on the alternator.

Also have a 105 Stock BRAND NEW alternator!

If anyone is interested let me know, but I would like to fix that squeak...

TXDIRT67

Reaction score
You probably would need to take it apart and replace the bearings. You might try squirting it with some lubricant, but that may be just be a temporary fix. Alternators are pretty easy to take apart. The only problem I had was getting the front nut off. You'll probably need an impact to remove it, and the rest is pretty straight forward. Have a coat hanger handy so you can cut it and make rods to hold the brushes back while you put it together. Good Luck!