GMC Grille Problems on Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArizonaZ71

Reaction score
So i have a 98 z71 chevy. today i picked up a gmc grill (hard to find in my area) and its white! anyway i just put her on my chevy and the top main headlights dont seem to be flush if you know what i mean. there is a gap on the bottom, i will post a picture after i make this thread. and it seems that there is a gap from the hood to the grill (in the center)....wondering if its because my truck has chevy headlights and GMC lights maybe slightly different? idk...help if you can

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Just looks like to me that they have the typical problem of being slanted. Make sure they are tightened down all the way, the whole housing. The Chevy to GMC swap should be a direct swap, the headlights are the same on both makes.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chevy and GMC headlights are no different. Though it does appear that you have '88-'93 parking lights, but that won't have any bearing on your issues.

In your (sideways) pic, it almost looks as if the headlights are sitting back in the grille slightly. If so, then that would seem to me that the grille isn't quite fitted on tightly all the way around. Double check everything to make sure it's all tightened down and the grille is seated correctly all around.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is it a gm grill or a aftermarket? ive opened up the mounting holes on both the grill and headlight brackets to get better alighnment.