Forum app discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Anyone with a smart phone running a forum app for browsing let us know what you got. Version, best and worst features, things to change and questions. Don't forget to mention phone model too as this will make a difference. My iPhone does not work like your HTC.

Iphone4

Tapatalk(replaced with) Tapatalk two.

Sleek design on Tapatalk 2 many forum choices and options. Less clutter than the original settings wise. More functionality oriented than option oriented. I'd like to upgrade but idk what the newest or newer versions feature. I would
Like to see more forum specific account setup and settings options. I can't change as many aspects of my user profile as I would like.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shoot I just use internet browser on my android, it suggests tapa talk but I'm to cheap to spend a couple dollars on the app. My thinking is why do I need to if I can get on the forums just like this!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i had Tapatalk with my BlackBerry Torch, was meh, barely worked.

i have a iPhone 4 now with Tapatalk 2, worth the money, love it.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Shoot I just use internet browser on my android, it suggests tapa talk but I'm to cheap to spend a couple dollars on the app. My thinking is why do I need to if I can get on the forums just like this!

It's so much easier. I didn't spend the coin at first cause I figured a little zooming and scrolling around wouldn't bother me but it got to be a royal pita. So I bought Tapatalk. Upgraded. And considering upgrading again. I'm a Dutchman. I know cheap lol.

Anyone with Tapatalk 3, 4, HD, or even other apps should chime in.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have four right now because they offered it to me in beta. I don't really like it, its to slow IMO. I also have the HD on my tablet an its ok. I usually just use version 2, it seems to work the best an I guess I'm just used to it. 4 needs a lot more work to get to the same level as 2. The interface is nicer but its to slow to update threads an when you refresh it doesn't change the order of the threads, just the time so you have to dig through them all an find the new posts...

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I'm running a free version of tapa that I got over a years ago... never have updated it (can't) and it seems to work pretty good. it has the same quirks that others with the paid versions have mentioned i.e. random wrong quotes, and the occasional weird post time stamps. other than that I wouldn't do it another way the only time I use the browser is to change avatar, sig, and such. the only downfall is it not showing sigs. also I'm using this on a Samsung galaxy s 4g (the original gangster of galaxies lol)

sent from the c1500 Denali

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have just tapatalk. its version 2.4.13. i have it on my Droid Razr HD, and on my new Galaxy Tab 3. it works great just wish it updated a little quicker. the main reason i like is that it is really easy and quick to post up pics. i couldnt figure out how to do it on the regular site. still dont know how to do it lol. so the app is a life saver lol.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I have four right now because they offered it to me in beta. I don't really like it, its to slow IMO. I also have the HD on my tablet an its ok. I usually just use version 2, it seems to work the best an I guess I'm just used to it. 4 needs a lot more work to get to the same level as 2. The interface is nicer but its to slow to update threads an when you refresh it doesn't change the order of the threads, just the time so you have to dig through them all an find the new posts...

This is helpful. Guess I'm sticking with 2. They still update it so obviously it has to be a favored version out of the 4 available. Thanks!

Tyler/T-Unit

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score

X2 Tapatalk 2 is great, 4 on the other hand is slow and no order. I guess it just takes time to get use to. Who ever doesn't get Tapatalk for forums is just crazy.

Sent from Robland