Few things wrong with my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatGlocks

Reaction score
I've used the search tool and nothing has come up for my issues..

First off, hello, I'm from Canada eh and i've got a C1500.

The keyless entry doesn't work for starters, but i've read up on that. No problem. But when i use the power locks inside the truck, the pass door doesn't lock all the time ( wether the door be open or closed) but sometimes it'll lock no problem.

Fuel pump for my truck is also loud as hell, anything on this? (whining noise and the gas gauge is all over the place)

Thanks in advance guys!

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey make sure your key lock on the exterior of the vehicle isn't twisted and maybe that's why it won't work? Same thing happened to me. Or else it might be your door actuator.. As for your fuel pump, just replace it. And your sending unit is probably shot if your needle is all over the place

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Pull back the rubber boot on the drivers door and look for broken/bare wires. Common fault on these vehicles. The wiring fatigues over 200 odd years of open/close and breaks.

Fuel pump: noisy. May last a year, may last a week, may last a day. No way to know.

Fuel guage: common fault as well. Bad ground strap on tank or the sender unit in the tank is old and bad. Happens. The "hummingbird" needle is usually the fuel gauge motor in the gauge cluster itself http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?15139-HOW-TO-Fix-Bouncy-Hummingbird-Fuel-Gauge-Needle but can also be the ground or sender.

Last edited:

PatGlocks

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the quick replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk