Escalade mirrors, fog switch, cup holders an more....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Hey P2, I know you said you weren't sure, but is there any way you could find out if they still work? That one guy mentioned the mirror turning yellow, and it would kind of suck to get them and not have them work. I'll look around and see what I can find out about why they do that.

I might be interested, but it might be a couple months before I have funds to send, would that be ok? Just spent a bit of money on a Denali console and a 454ss rear axle.

Do you know what kind of switch these are wired to for the heat or where it goes?

If you have a rear defroster grid you can just tap into that for power and it will come on when you hit the HVAC button to clear the windows and it will auto off like it should. Not sure if the factory mirrors have a separate button. If I recall the OEM wiring diagrams correctly, I think it comes off the rear defroster circuit like I've described.

I bought an HVAC module out of a suburban and put it in my truck to control my dodge heated mirrors.

There's a plug in the convenience center that is prewired to the defroster grid button in the HVAC (powers the rear defrost). Tap from there and run it out to the mirrors. You might also have to run a ground wire, but that's easy peasy...

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
If you have a rear defroster grid you can just tap into that for power and it will come on when you hit the HVAC button to clear the windows and it will auto off like it should. Not sure if the factory mirrors have a separate button. If I recall the OEM wiring diagrams correctly, I think it comes off the rear defroster circuit like I've described.

I bought an HVAC module out of a suburban and put it in my truck to control my dodge heated mirrors.

There's a plug in the convenience center that is prewired to the defroster grid button in the HVAC (powers the rear defrost). Tap from there and run it out to the mirrors. You might also have to run a ground wire, but that's easy peasy...

Yup, I saw that in a thread on TYF. Thanks, though. Great stuff. Pretty cool you did that with your mirrors, even though they're Dodge, you hooked them up like they were factory. I love those kinds of mods.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
The factory mirrors are tied into the rear defrost. The Wiring for the rear defrost exists to the convenience center already, the wiring for the mirrors however doesn't unless the truck was equipped. There is a location for the fuse in the underhood center but no associated wiring. Since I have no rear defrost I just hooked my mirrors to the pin in the convenience center.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

jmc256

Reaction score
Thanks for the measurements, I will check mine out tonight

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, missing the chrome. Unlikely to ever find a replacement for that I'm thinking. At least not easily or cheaply.

Guess I'll pass....would have been a decent trade otherwise....

Those chrome caps are taped on junk from the pep boys chrome isle, not factory. If you really wanted them they are probably not hard to find. This is the first time I've seen them though.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey P2, I know you said you weren't sure, but is there any way you could find out if they still work? That one guy mentioned the mirror turning yellow, and it would kind of suck to get them and not have them work. I'll look around and see what I can find out about why they do that.

I might be interested, but it might be a couple months before I have funds to send, would that be ok? Just spent a bit of money on a Denali console and a 454ss rear axle.

Do you know what kind of switch these are wired to for the heat or where it goes?

I suppose I could try it, I know I can't check the heat function though. I also doubt the dimming will do anything if I plug it into my truck. The thing with it being yellow is only the dimming portion of the mirror. The power adjust an heat should still work even if it stays yellow.

I pulled these from an escalade that was in decent shape an hadn't been wrecked. I couldn't figure out why it was in the yard as it also had a recent (but poor quality) paint job. The only thing I could figure was it had powertrain issues an the owner elected not to fix it.

As stated in the OP I'm open to reasonable offers on everything as well. I can't say for sure if they will be around in a month or not.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
All you have to do is power and ground the heat pins, feel the glass at first then give it 2-3 mins. You'll be able to tell if they are work. Can also give it a continuity test, they are just a high resistance wire basically.

Autodim is the same thing, power and ground.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Those chrome caps are taped on junk from the pep boys chrome isle, not factory. If you really wanted them they are probably not hard to find. This is the first time I've seen them though.

Ah gotcha. So they're basically like the 96+ power mirrors except they are the autodimming glass type.

I'm not familiar with the escalade mirrors and I thought the chrome was factory like so many recent OEM mirrors with chrome tops.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All you have to do is power and ground the heat pins, feel the glass at first then give it 2-3 mins. You'll be able to tell if they are work. Can also give it a continuity test, they are just a high resistance wire basically.

Autodim is the same thing, power and ground.

Dave, do you happen to have a pin out of the mirror plugs? I can try to power them up that way if you do...