Dat Colormatch Bedliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about in the future pulling the plastic under rail bedliner on my truck and getting a colormatched bed liner over the rail. Not sure if i should extend it all the way down to the body line on the bed or just the top of the rail.

I also and thinking while I'm at it ill do the rockers as well, again not sure whether to stop at the bottom body line on the door or where to stop. When i get tow mirrors i was thinking about spraying them as well to avoid rock chips and any other type of abrasions.

Side note: Should I Line the Chevy grille (peel chrome crap off and spray) Or get a GMC Grille and spray it? Or just leave it alone?

The rockers, bed are definately gonna happen, the lining on the tows is a tossup not sure whether i should or not. I wanna colormatch them but i dont want them to scratch or chip.

I've been thinking about going with monstaliner, requested a couple color chips to see what matches the closest.

So Heres my questions:

Where should i extend the over the rail bed liner to?

You must be registered for see images attach

Where should i extend the rocker liner to?
Bottom line on door? or go inside the recessed part? Ill probably go inside the recessed part...

When i get tows should i line them as well (wanting to avoid chips)?

Should i Swap grilles and line the gmc colormatched or line the chevy colormatched or leave it alone?

Pics Welcome

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about in the future pulling the plastic under rail bedliner on my truck and getting a colormatched bed liner over the rail. Not sure if i should extend it all the way down to the body line on the bed or just the top of the rail.

I also and thinking while I'm at it ill do the rockers as well, again not sure whether to stop at the bottom body line on the door or where to stop. When i get tow mirrors i was thinking about spraying them as well to avoid rock chips and any other type of abrasions.

Side note: Should I Line the Chevy grille (peel chrome crap off and spray) Or get a GMC Grille and spray it? Or just leave it alone?

The rockers, bed are definately gonna happen, the lining on the tows is a tossup not sure whether i should or not. I wanna colormatch them but i dont want them to scratch or chip.

I've been thinking about going with monstaliner, requested a couple color chips to see what matches the closest.

So Heres my questions:

Where should i extend the over the rail bed liner to?

Where should i extend the rocker liner to?
Bottom line on door? or go inside the recessed part? Ill probably go inside the recessed part...

When i get tows should i line them as well (wanting to avoid chips)?

Should i Swap grilles and line the gmc colormatched or line the chevy colormatched or leave it alone?

Pics Welcome

I also plan to use Monstliner on my bed, but I wouldnt go more than halfway down to the first body line. It looks bad when you bring it all the way down to that line. As for the rockers and mirrors....don't do it, it'll make the whole truck look cheaper

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also plan to use Monstliner on my bed, but I wouldnt go more than halfway down to the first body line. It looks bad when you bring it all the way down to that line. As for the rockers and mirrors....don't do it, it'll make the whole truck look cheaper

i see what you mean on the bed, and as far as it looking cheaper i can see your reasoning, but its more for protection rather then to sell. Dont plan on selling the truck ever.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
. Dont plan on selling the truck ever.

I know exactly how you feel bro, my truck is staying in the family until my time is over.

Honestly I think you should ditch the monsta-liner idea, and get diamond metal bed caps. It would compliment your wheels and lights and honestly your truck would sport that look. I have some on my truck. I like them because they are removable and replaceable, unlike bed liner.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel bro, my truck is staying in the family until my time is over.

Honestly I think you should ditch the monsta-liner idea, and get diamond metal bed caps. It would compliment your wheels and lights and honestly your truck would sport that look. I have some on my truck. I like them because they are removable and replaceable, unlike bed liner.

i see your point but the thing is is when i get the wheels i want they are gonna be black and there wont be too much flashy stuff on the truck, im just unsure about things

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I think it would look awesome. I've heard Line-x eXtra isn't cheap though.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Also look into PRP Industries. They do a special painting process I'm really interested in. Prpindustries.com. I don't have any affiliations with them but I've seen a few semi truck fuel tanks done with it.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it would look awesome. I've heard Line-x eXtra isn't cheap though.

I thought about line-x but figured thatd be alot more monies

Also look into PRP Industries. They do a special painting process I'm really interested in. Prpindustries.com. I don't have any affiliations with them but I've seen a few semi truck fuel tanks done with it.

appreciate the reply but 1 that site doesnt look very eye catching. and 2 it looks like all that stuff is is metal protectant not really a bedliner or anything.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I appreciate the reply but 1 that site doesnt look very eye catching. and 2 it looks like all that stuff is is metal protectant not really a bedliner or anything.

The site is very basic and I don't like it either but I have seen the end product and its unbeatable. They even have a gloss finish that you couldn't tell the difference from the paint on your truck. It's a paint process that chemically bonds the paint to the metal surfaces. It's like bedliner but lighter and way more versatile.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The site is very basic and I don't like it either but I have seen the end product and its unbeatable. They even have a gloss finish that you couldn't tell the difference from the paint on your truck. It's a paint process that chemically bonds the paint to the metal surfaces. It's like bedliner but lighter and way more versatile.

probably costs a lot more tho !!!