Coolant on top of engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vulin

Reaction score
New guy here and also new to new to trucks or anything with a V8. I raced old Rx7s for awhile, and also work as a C130 engine mechanic, so I'm handy with tools. Anyways, k1500 with a 305. Coolant on top of engine right on either side of the valve covers. I don't see any lines leaking, or any residue coming from the themostat gasket. So I'm shooting for a intake manifold gasket. Anyone else agree or had a similar issue? Im thinking it could be coming up from the bolts, and just sitting right in those pockets on top of the manifold.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
need more info on your truck like what year... also where is the coolent setting at? front, rear, middle of the intake? if its on both sides i would almost say it the themostat housing.. this would be the simplest to change first.. but if it was me i would pressure up the coolent and look for a leak.. or bubbles.. always start small then go big..

scharst

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had the same problem with my 93 that has a 350 in it.....replaced intake manifold gasket and i dont have the problem anymore...so that would be my guess...

"STROKER ACE"

Reaction score
ya stroker52 is right. add about 12-15 lbs of pressure and youll find your next weekend project bubblen'. test your radiator cap just for ***** and giggles.