coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
vortecs are very well known for bad intake gaskets, also check the quick connector on the heater hose from the firewall to upper intake, mine leaks a little from there...but not near as much as it sounds like yours does

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Eh... Only 63k and uses coolant normally means intake gaskets on the gen 1 Vortec motors. Normally the radiators crap out around 100k. Check down in the valve covers where you fill the oil and see what color it is. Chocolate milk means replace the gaskets immediately. Cloudy honey means you might need to look into replacing the engine.

wintimidator

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just checked the oil and it looks fine so it isn't getting contaminated, I got it to operating temp today waited about 90 mins and checked the radiator, which is full. Unfortunately, I didn't think to check the radiator the previous times I filled the reservoir so I can only hope it went from the reservoir to the radiator, and there is a tiny bit in the reservoir. Checked everywhere I could see for any leaks and everything was dry and hadn't been dripped on, and all the hoses I could see were good.