BRAKE HELP NEEDED ASAP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderMode

Reaction score
i have my 94 blazer sitting in my driveway right now with the rear tires off and the brakes removed i have the new shoes and new spring kit but i cannot get the damn upper return spring back on. i have been trying for 2 hours on this on spring and i cannot get it on no matter what. am i missing something or is there a tool i need or what? and everything i find about rear drum brakes on a 94 chevy is nothing like the brakes i have every video are of these other brakes. what the hell is going on?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes there is a brake shoe tool for that.

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I could never figure out how to use those plier thingys.......

A suggestion for next time....Do one side at a time....easier to keep track of where everything goes

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Grate pic poncho62. The plyery I have are not exactly like yours. The handels, are different. Mine has a tapered end with a notch in it that hooks on the end of the round pin stickink out of the top where the springs retract the brake shoes. This is why the tool is needed, to get the springs back on. I'm sure there are some videos on you tube.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always just used channel locks and a lot of persuasion. Sometimes it helps to use a flat head screwdriver as a sort of rail to slide it across and direct it to where it needs to go.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
I did not take any pictures of mine but you will have to fight the spring to reinstall it. Use large pair of channel locking pliers to get the best grip on the spring and it may take a few tries to get it back on. I do not like this brake design. It does work but to me it is not the better designed 'mouse trap'.