Best GMC billet grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I just bought a 1993+ GMC grille for my '94 Chev. Idea is to paint it white, paint the chrome ring around the grille gloss black and then do a billet grille insert, but I can't seem to figure out who sells a quality billet grille.

Any help would be great!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure about quality as I've never had one, but I know LMC sells them. I've never been unhappy with anything I've bought from those guys.

EDIT - Isn't it going to be dang near impossible to paint the chrome ring around the grille? I don't know much about body and paint work but I thought that people tried to avoid painting that chrome plastic because nothing will stick to it. There are sport grilles available that have a paintable non-chromed border IIRC.

Last edited:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a '94+ GMC grille.

Quality, for the most part, is not an issue with billet inserts. Find one that looks good to you and fits your price range and go with it.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Ebay never disappoints when it comes to billet inserts, or you can do like some of the guys here have done and get chrome door trim and use that

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the Chevy grilles changed in '93 and the GMC grilles changed in '94? Or did they both change in '94? My bad guys! lol

I dunno, if you sand down the chrome and then just paint it, wouldn't paint stick to it like normal plastic? I could just plasti-dip it or get a shop to do gloss black vinyl, but I want it to hold up.

Which is why I want a good quality billet grille, I live in a pretty harsh environment and I want it to last. What about a mesh style grille in these? Do those exist?

GMCNuneZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I did the high density 32 bar billet grill and then sprayed the entire grille with duplicolor truck bed coating aka bedliner.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I did the high density 32 bar billet grill and then sprayed the entire grille with duplicolor truck bed coating aka bedliner.

My god that is sexy

Edit: could you guide me in the direction for doing this to the pre 94 grille

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk