Bad o2 sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 95 k1500 with 5.7 tbi. So my trucks shootin a o2 code. My question is how many do I have and where is it. My trucks running fine no misses or anything however it does have a shaky idle could this be the cause?

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Probably 2 but not sure on that model. follow the exhaust from on the exhaust manifolds back. if anything is screwed in with a wire coming off, those are probably them. There are service manuals to download for your truck here https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-95-service-manuals.43575/
The driveablity and emission manual would have the information.

The truck probably runs good because it always has plenty of fuel to burn with the air since a code 13 threw it into open loop. The o2 sensors are used to try and cut back or add fuel to only the exact amount necessary to run.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
The shaky idle might be a slight misfire from running in open loop fuel input since your foot isn't controlling any idle air. Are the spark plugs and wires in good shape too?

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The shaky idle might be a slight misfire from running in open loop fuel input since your foot isn't controlling any idle air. Are the spark plugs and wires in good shape too?
They seem to look ok. They're pretty new I changed them both about a year ago