4L60E vent tube problems HELP ASAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yodertoter

Reaction score
hello everyone. I have a 96 gmc 350 vortec lifted on 35s with 373(yeah I need to regear) the front seal blew out one day driving down the high way and trans got super hot! I pulled it out (4l60e 4x4, one piece k case) rebuilt it with a monster kit. it got so hot it warped the pump so I got a reman pump from a local shop. I had intentions on putting a cam in it so I put a higher stall tc in it. 2300 with lockup. never got to the cam$$$. now when you drive it it gets really hot and fluid comes out the vent tube. ive heard this can happen from overfilling, chamfers in pump being to large? any help would be GREATLY apprecieated. shoulda just bought a reman :mad:

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a trans temp gauge? How do you know its overheating? Doesn't the monster kit have an upgraded pump?

yodertoter

Reaction score
didn't come with a pump, I bought a reman. and no its hot to touch like hot hot still after 4 hours of sitting for only driving less than 50 miles