1badgmc's Suburban Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I've really never had this thing out of town since I bought it. Today, it got a good shakedown on a 300+ mile roadtrip to OKC to take the kids to the zoo. After driving on the sh!tty Oklahoma roads, it is plainly clear that I really need to get rid of those damn rear bumpstops. It also did very well on fuel too. I didn't go easy on it. I spent most of the time on the highway around 80 mph. There was some city driving on the surface streets of OKC and a bit of lead-footing it through traffic. Even with 172,000 miles and all 4 O2 sensors throwing codes, the thing still did 18 mpg on the trip. I was pleasantly surprised.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I've really never had this thing out of town since I bought it. Today, it got a good shakedown on a 300+ mile roadtrip to OKC to take the kids to the zoo. After driving on the sh!tty Oklahoma roads, it is plainly clear that I really need to get rid of those damn rear bumpstops. It also did very well on fuel too. I didn't go easy on it. I spent most of the time on the highway around 80 mph. There was some city driving on the surface streets of OKC and a bit of lead-footing it through traffic. Even with 172,000 miles and all 4 O2 sensors throwing codes, the thing still did 18 mpg on the trip. I was pleasantly surprised.
18mpg is pretty darn good. I think the best I've recorded in my truck was 17 and that was at 65-75 the whole time not 80 + some city...

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah that's good mileage!