1998 454 in 1996 C1500 with 0411 PCM. No fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
sorry about your problem and not being able to help but i got a question... where did you get your computer programmed and where to find pin out diagrams? im trying to find specific info for my 97 c1500 5.7 2wd truck for this 0411 swap. i already have computer and nbs Efans and factory relay setup for the fans. i just need to get it reprogrammed and wired and hopefully not have issues like your having!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry about your problem and not being able to help but i got a question... where did you get your computer programmed and where to find pin out diagrams? im trying to find specific info for my 97 c1500 5.7 2wd truck for this 0411 swap. i already have computer and nbs Efans and factory relay setup for the fans. i just need to get it reprogrammed and wired and hopefully not have issues like your having!

Look here an contact lextech for the pinouts.

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/12200411.html

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score

I got my pinout from Lextech (Jeff), just PM him with your email and your truck info. I had mine programmed by Justin at Black Bear. You'd probably only have the same issues I am if you were swapping a big block from one year into a half ton of another year...

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Sounds entirely likely. The OBDII trucks are significantly different in wiring aspects.

Since you've got issues with both chassis and engine systems, it's something that's common to both.

That would be the wiring harness.....

Do you mean significantly different from year-to-year? My truck is a '96, it's OBDII...
From what I've recently found, '96 and early '97 are on their own for a lot of things, and '98-'00 are all pretty much interchangeable without issues.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Picked up a perfect dash and complete harness for $150 last night. Found it on Craigslist, turns out it was the guy who bought the Suburban I took this engine out of, and this dash and harness is out of it too. Should've yanked it while I had it, oh well...

By the way, if anyone is looking to do a CCSB, he has a bare 2WD frame (I mean BARE) that he was going to start with, and has most of a '98 4WD CCSB as a donor. Has the cab (white) but the interior (blue) is almost completely stripped, the bed is there but hit bad on the driver side, no front clip. No engine (was a 454) but still has the trans and transfer case. Basically it's a good start to a CCSB build-it-your-way project. He's trying to unload this stuff pretty quick to help his dad rebuild his house (it burned down), so he'd probably make a good deal on it. He has a lot of other parts as well. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you his number.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
It. Is. Alive.
Got her started Saturday, runs a little rough at idle, but I'm pretty sure I fouled the plugs out trying to start it so many times without fire. Roller rockers don't clear the valve covers, they barely tap on them, so I'm having to switch back to factory non-adjustable for now (until I get another set of heads built).
She sounds WICKED by the way. I'm surprised how much lope that 502 mag cam has. The lift is the same as the stock L29, but the duration is a little longer. My exhaust is large-tube shorties dualed back (no cats) to a dual in/out Full Boar 2 chamber, then run out to the outside of the rear fenders with 70's Trans Am splitter tips. Once I get her running smooth I'll put up a good sound vid, then it's off to the dyno :evillol:

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just put a set of fel-pro rubber old style gaskets on also, itll give ya just enough clearance. I use to double them up to run Harland sharp roller rockers under low valve covers on my 396. they are a firm black rubber that doesn't squish down when tightened but seal great.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
The main issue is clearing the throttle body, I have to remove it to take the passenger cover off as it is.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Running vids. Still working some bugs out

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach