1990 K3500 Th400 to 4L80e swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
I've got a line on a 90 K3500 with a bad Th400 in it. Big block extended cab dually, body looks ok, but what I want is a work truck so that's not much of an issue. I just happen to have an 80e laying around. I know that it will require a harness swap, or A stand alone controller to make it function... That's where the rest of my pays stash comes in... Here's what I have...

Complete wiring harness, dash, cluster, EVERYTHING from a 94 K3500 that I got the 80e drama few years ago, complete injection system from the truck.

Front driveshaft from that truck (80e/Borg Warner 4401 transfer case)

80e/4401 adapter

32 spline driver drop 241

Do I have the parts needed (minus the rear driveshaft?) To bolt this thing into this truck? I knowing have everything it takes to make it function, just not sure about bolting it together.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i think that is about everything, the adapter i am not sure on if it will work with the 241, i think it will but not 100% sure

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont think the output splines are the same, but sounds like you have everything else.