120mph Speedo w/o tach?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stomis

Reaction score
After searching I fairly certain that what I want in my cluster doesnt exist. I have a tach mounted on the dash with a shift light, and I like it there. I really dont want another tach in the cluster but I cant stand the 85mph speedo in the dash. You get rowdy once and a while on the highway and have no clue how fast you're going...

I was curious if its possibly to take a 120mph speedo internal and mount it in my 85 mph cluster with the correct overlay on it.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
What year exactly would this be going into I mean?

Either way, if you have the old-school "moonie" gauges, a 454SS cluster with give you a 110mph speedo without a tach.

If you have needle gauges, then a 454ss cluster will also give you 110mph but with a tach. The 454 cluster for those years is also rare as hell though.

If that's not good enough, your only option is to fab up a bracket and replace the entire cluster with aftermarket gauges.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If its an 85 mph tach its obviously the old interior and no theres no shuch thing as a 120 without tach

sent from my outdated S3

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kinda goofy but it would work. 88-91 would have to be swapped for 92-94. Use the VSSB for the 92-94 and make it adjustable with dip switches. Use a Canadian cluster for KMS and adjust the VSSB until it reads correct.
http://www.tbichips.com/drac/

stomis

Reaction score
Yeah I have a dip switched drac from doing my 4.30 swap. I guess that's a option. I was hoping to not have to do all custom gauges...

Guess .kinda screwed.