ZZ5 engine swap in 1992

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99CORVETTE

Reaction score
Has anyone done a swap from TBI to carb engine in a 1992, would like to know what would
have to be changed?

bassplayaz06

Reaction score
All you need to do is a fuel pressure regulator, HEI distributor, and a throttle position sensor.

The fuel regulator is very important and must have the return line hooked up as well. The pressure coming into the carb should be around 5.5-7 psi.

The factory distributor can't be used because the computer controls it's timing. Thus an HEI or vacuum advanced distributor must be used.

If you're keeping the factory transmission then there must be a throttle position sensor on the carb. A TV cable should also be hooked up to the carb.

Holley products are great about this. They have a regulator to deal with the high pressure of the electric fuel pump down to the low pressure the carb needs. Their TPS kit plugs in to the factory plug, and looks clean when bolted onto a Holley carb.

I did this swap a year ago on my 1992 RCLB and have over 12,000 miles on this setup. I put a Holley Street Dominator intake manifold with a Holley 600 4160 vacuum secondary and electric choke. Good power, easy starting, great drivability. Gas mileage stayed the same as before at 12 mpg.
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk