Z71 drop??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to do just a 2/4 drop on a 1992 GMC Z71 4x4. The kits on LMC are all for 2wd.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I've asked the same for mine.
From what I've read (elsewhere) a 6" drop is equivalent to a 4" drop for us 4x4 guys.

-Truckin'-

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, Im thinkin just an even 2in. drop for that lower feel without a ground scraper

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. FastOrange, your RCSB is sweet, thats the look Im goin for only matte black in color

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got those 2" drops from NORCAL SS, a site vendor you guys should give him a shout.

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a 2/4 on my 95' I've got shackles/hangers and purple keys up front. I need to de-crank a bit more to level the front out with the back though.
You must be registered for see images attach

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
kyle's sierra

do you need to do a c-noch for the 2/4 drop?
i have a 95 ecsb z71 that i have been wanting to drop and i like how your truck looks

where did you get the purple keys, shackles, and hangers from and what kind of shock are you running?
is there any issues with the drive shaft being dropped like that?
what size tires you running on it too?

oh and 2 more questions
if you don't need the c-noch how close is the axle to the frame?
how about the lower control arm to the bump stop on the front or does it need to be shaved?

maybe you could post some pics?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have bought 3 inch drop key's from Stylin Truck's before, and no you don't need a c-notch for a 4 inch rear drop, and with the factory bumpstop's removed you still have a decent amount of travel before the axle bottom's out against the frame.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do you mean by decrank the front, I assumed to lower it I would buy new shackles for the rear axle and cut the coil springs, Is there anything else I should do??