Yukon GT Rear Wiper Doesn't Touch Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighCaliber

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post so be gentle. I've searched this and 3 other Tahoe/Yukon Forums and could not find a definitive answer on a weird issue I'm having.

I recently purchased a 1995 GMC Yukon GT in pretty good condition and a few things have been bugging me. For instance the rear wiper does not touch the glass other than an inch on each end. So I went and bought a new wiper arm for $22 and just installed it today....the wiper still doesn't touch.

With all the crappy weather and road salt in NY right now, I can not see out of the rear window. I was happy it had a wiper but am second guessing that thought right now.

Thank you in advance

Danny

HighCaliber

Reaction score
Last edited:

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant a picture or two of the entire wiper assembly.

Man that is some gap... That's odd.
And sharp Yukon! I love the GT's!!!
Edit: here are a couple pictures of mine if that helps any

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
wrong blade, the rear wipers are different from fronts theres multiples that will fi but it doesnt have the srping tension for the arched ones in most cases.

HighCaliber

Reaction score
wrong blade, the rear wipers are different from fronts theres multiples that will fi but it doesnt have the srping tension for the arched ones in most cases.

That's what I'm thinking. It can't be a wrong arm...it's direct from the dealer and I verified the part number in my parts catalog before ordering/installing.

I will try to get a new wiper blade tomorrow. We have a couple inches of snow coming so I don't know if I will get stuck working through the storm. I will keep you all posted.

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i work at advanced and i know the generic say 18" blades are different than the exact fit ones that are designed for rear blades. just my .02 cents of knowledge. if you take the blade off does the warm touch the window? if so your spring might be bad and not alloving proper tension as suggested

HighCaliber

Reaction score
I took the blade off and yes the arm touches the glass.

I reinstalled the original arm and realized that old setup did not put any of the blade in contact with the window. So I reinstalled the new arm and it is pushing down harder towards the glass but only has a 2" contact patch.

I will hit up advance later to get an exact replacement wiper.

Thank you all again.