Yet another rear speaker question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
yeah, if you put in 6x9 or something in the rear, then a nice round speaker in the doors, you should have some pretty good sound. And if done right, you could make it look stockish!

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering with placement because I want a better quality rear speaker than stock but the hard part is finding room for bigger speakers. I have seen the 6x9 replacement in the rear but I want to keep a more stock look to the truck.

So your saying 6X9 speakers fit where the 4X6 speakers were and does one have to use a speaker spacer and will they fit on a 1993 ext/cab?

I'm asking because some 6X9 speakers have a big magnet like some Cherwin Vega old new stock speakers I have I'm also wondering with them being bigger speakers and if one pushes them with a Amp Im thinking it just might make the plastic panels vibrate and make noise just wonder before some of us make holes on the plastic trim panels to make them fit.

I have mine in those gray boxes that are made to house 6X9 speakers but I really liked how the 4X6 were at because since my seat is all the way back and I recline the seat some I could hear them better.

I'm not trying to take over this thread I'm just asking for many of us can know what's up and having a aftermarket stereo does wonders instead of the stock radio in fact to me it's the best thing I have done to my truck to improve the sound quality I'm running a Alpine head unit I bought from some member here which was very honest I haven't had a lick of problems with it and I have had it for many years.
Thanks! GMC

If anybody has a picture of 6X9 speakers on there truck can you please post a picture for us other members.

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/rear6x9.html

Might want to use 6X9 speakers instead of 6.5 just a thought.

Last edited: