Yet another rear speaker question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Has anyone made a speaker box to fit under the rear seat of an extended cab and placed 6.5" speakers instead of subs? Also does this system sound better than stock?

94LowRider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quality speakers will always make a system sound better, but once you get used to subs and a little power to bump em, you won't want to be without them.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I was wondering with placement because I want a better quality rear speaker than stock but the hard part is finding room for bigger speakers. I have seen the 6x9 replacement in the rear but I want to keep a more stock look to the truck.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
It will sound like they are under the seat...

With better, louder speakers it will be much better than stock.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
So best bet would be the 6x9 mod to the rear panels?

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why do you want so much rear speaker. you will have a better sounding system with good door speakers and then just 4x6's in the rear if you need rear fill.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
The truck seems fuller with speakers all around if that makes sense. I also am afraid of getting door speakers and blowing out the rear.

Chevyboy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like it would be hard to put speakers under the seat without it looking completely ghetto. If i were you, i would take the rear side panels off, trim the stock hole out a bit and mount a 5.25" coax or midrange into that spot with a adapter ring and a little deadener/mat behind it. I personally took mine out completely and upgraded my front stage.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
exactly spend just a few bucks and put some 5.25's in the rear and then spend the money on a good front stage with an amp if money is available. also if you have a 88-94 put a good set of components in the doors or kicks with the tweeters in the pillars.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Sounds good. Thanks for the suggestions and ideas. Really appreciate it.