Yet another 1990 K1500!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1of1.000.000

Reaction score
Heya everyone, I have a 1990 K1500 ontop of my other cars. I am an all out hotrodder and love going off roading in the truck. It also serves purpose to pull my jetski to the lake a few times a year. I got this truck in an interesting way. My roomies GF's co-worker was a recently divorced woman that somehow ended up with the truck. It was running but in a poor condition of no routine maintenance done at all. While my roomie did side mechanical repair she asked him what it would cost to make it run right again. After everything he listed off to her he said maybe sell it and you can get something cheaper to maintain and drive. So she told him that she thought it was worth a ridicuosly low amount of $1500. He called me right away as he knew I was looking to sell my 89 C1500 in favor for a same style 4x4. I went to look at it and told her DEAL!!!! When I test drove it I noticed the speedo was not counting miles anymore. I talked her down another $100 because of the issue. Picked it up and was now trying to sell the C1500 which I bought few years earlier off CL for $400. Ended up selling the 2x4 for $1050 and did all the maintenance items on the truck. I am in the process now this spring on paint and body work. So I had a question on something I am looking at and it is installing a roof rack instead of a traditional headache rack. Like this...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Exterior...&emlprox=out&gclid=CKPw972LjLUCFYxaMgodZw8ADA

However I do not know how something like this can be installed unless I have a pre exsisting rack...Anyone know?

BTW: I am from Albuquerque New Mexico and have these other cars as well!
1976 Trans Am 455 4-speed
1980 Turbo Trans Am
1984 Maserati Biturbo
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
1992 Trans Am GTA
1994 Plymouth Laser R/T

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
:welcome: from Michigan. Get some pics of the truck (and the rest of your collection!!! :)) posted.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
welcome from Iowa man looking forward to some pics

1of1.000.000

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes, it's no where near nice yet. I will try and take some pics to post up of it. I am working on swapping over good fenders and all 4 fender flares so the front is now no longer solid one color. It was originally white but re-painted horibly black....The white is peeling and delaminating from the primer like most 80's GM paint jobs so it has primer blotches everywhere.

Any advice on the roof rack?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes, it's no where near nice yet. I will try and take some pics to post up of it. I am working on swapping over good fenders and all 4 fender flares so the front is now no longer solid one color. It was originally white but re-painted horibly black....The white is peeling and delaminating from the primer like most 80's GM paint jobs so it has primer blotches everywhere.

Any advice on the roof rack?

not really haha never seen one on one of these trucks it'd be cool to c tho

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I second the request for pics of all vehicles lol