Wynjammer SC or 6.0 swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdmdrew

Reaction score
What's up gmt. I've been stressing this quit some time. And I can't decide what would be better in the long run. I have a 95 Sierra with a tbi 5.7 swap. I put a 350 Gm crate motor couple of years back. With headers, intake, spacer, catback exhaust, electric fans, lighter pulleys, msd coil, msd 6al msd wires cap rotor and jet stage 2 chip. After all that power is good but I don't think I could beat at the least a 5.3 extended cab. I'm thinking about this supercharger http://www.wynjammer.com/ALM1115/New_GM_5_7_TBI_Kit.html
Or a 6.0 swap. I know I could spend under 2 grand for either or. I really don't know if the 350 would be reliable with the supercharger. And 6.0 well power is good and it's all motor. What do u guys think?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
6.0 all the way...like you said it will give you the same kind of power on all motor and in the future if you want to upgrade it for even more power it will be cheaper and easier to do with the 6.0 instead of the 350.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i am not a 6.0 fan ..but if it is on or the other i would say 6.0......if i was going to buy a real supercharger it would be a ati-procharger...a 5 lb basic kit i got for 3300 put an extra 125rwhp at 5psi on a 1995 305tbi....147hp to 275hp...worth every penny

jdmdrew

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies you guys are great. Ya I've been leaning towards the 6.0 but what confuses me is the A/c. I've been to sites that sell swap parts but nothing for my application to use my factory a/c with a bracket of some sort.
I have searched on here but no luck, for a 5.3 6.0 swap guide. Maybe I ain't trying hard enough cause I know someone here did a swap on his 4x4. I'll see if I could find it

koke

Reaction score
check with dirty dingo, GREAT brackets at a pretty decent price, allows you to use all your old accesories