WWAASSUUPP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Sup ya'll. My name is Matt, and I have a problem. I have access to all this cool information, and no money to do any of it.

Anyways, I've got a '97 Z71. It's mostly stock. What isn't stock is the LED tails, clear headlights, GM Performance Parts 4L60E, and completely one-off custom bodywork. No it's galvanized panels and rivets covering up some nasty rot. When I did the patchwork a few years ago, I could shove a football in each hole on both sides. I don't plan on fixing it up right as it'll cost like $3k to get it done and I don't know enough about bodywork to do it myself.

Future , I'd like to do the big 3, the 4 high, a subwoofer, new wheels/tires (thinking about MT/R w/ kevlar in 285), and dual exhaust exiting before the axle, probably going to go with cherrybomb extremes or glasspacks. I might even redo the entire exhaust with longtubes.

Liroku

Reaction score
Not sure what your state laws are, but have you thought about just doing a cab swap rather than body repair? It would be a pain, but cheaper(if you can find a cab). Here, I believe all you have to do is fill out some DMV forms and have an officer inspect it, then they issue you a new door jam sticker to match the frame VIN. You of course have to prove you own both the original truck and the cab legally though.