Wow, didn't think it would be that much to repaint my truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Peeling paint is never good, and repainting will require stripping down to at least the primer coat, assuming that the finish isn't overly thick or crazed up. If it's overly thick or the finish has crows marks, it's going to be strip to bare. With an old truck, I would charge someone 3-3500 minimum, but it would also be BC/CC, strip to bare and refinish.

Don't forget that a shop will do the work required so that they can stand behind it.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the problem, there isn't many shops near me. This place does great work but mostly ins. claims.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When they start talking like that it's because they don't want the job. $7k is beyond silly unless you have a lot of body work. Find another shop that wants the work and get another quote. IMO

That's exactly it most shops do not want to do an overall. They make their money off the insurance work, paint a few parts and go on to the next one.