World's BLACKEST black!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What bugs me is how much of the body lines it obscures. You can hardly tell what the car is. It strikes me as a good option for one of those OEM prototype paint jobs where they're trying to do that on purpose with test cars.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
What bugs me is how much of the body lines it obscures. You can hardly tell what the car is. It strikes me as a good option for one of those OEM prototype paint jobs where they're trying to do that on purpose with test cars.

That could be why it looks so weird to me too. I'm guessing it's main purpose is for situations where you don't want light bouncing around.... maybe graphical work? Sort of like one of those super damped rooms where they test acoustical things, but for light. Looking at the link under the video the page that tells more about it makes it sound quite fragile and unsuitable for anything outdoors or high contact.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
That could be why it looks so weird to me too. I'm guessing it's main purpose is for situations where you don't want light bouncing around.... maybe graphical work? Sort of like one of those super damped rooms where they test acoustical things, but for light. Looking at the link under the video the page that tells more about it makes it sound quite fragile and unsuitable for anything outdoors or high contact.

Yeah, I said that in the original post. It's a shame too. It messes with your eyes enough to make it intriguing to me. I'd put it on my police car if it was suitable.
The manufacturers website confesses to the fragility of it too. It's basically useless for anything that is going to be touched or otherwise disturbed by anything. It's like a black powdered doughnut.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about that satin black? My brother needs to paint his 90 RCSB and I told him about this satin. He looked it up and he said he likes it. He's currently riding on badly cracked paint, a missmatched color fender and primered tailgate, LOL.

I would imagine it would make for a good daily driver. Won't show scratches, water stains, etc. as the high gloss stuff. Way better than any Rustoleum hack paint job too!

https://www.google.com/search?q=sat...g&ei=ibncX7eeNMeYtQWd5aCQBw&bih=1043&biw=1866

I have yet to see a GMT400 with any satin though.

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about that satin black? My brother needs to paint his 90 RCSB and I told him about this satin. He looked it up and he said he likes it. He's currently riding on badly cracked paint, a missmatched color fender and primered tailgate, LOL.

I would imagine it would make for a good daily driver. Won't show scratches, water stains, etc. as the high gloss stuff. Way better than any Rustoleum hack paint job too!

https://www.google.com/search?q=sat...g&ei=ibncX7eeNMeYtQWd5aCQBw&bih=1043&biw=1866

I have yet to see a GMT400 with any satin though.
We painted our step side satin black in 07 or so.
You must be registered for see images attach