Wiring Bose sub and amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc256

Reaction score
So i have bought a console out of a 2005 Yukon to put in my 2000 Z71 Tahoe. The new console has both the Bose sub and amp. How should I go about hooking this up? I have my factory radio and CD player still in my truck.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's a dual voice coil you will not be able to use the Bose amp. You need to find out the ohms of
That sub using a multi meter then you will know what amp to get in my 99 escalade console it has a single voice coil that is 1.4 ohms I bought a 300 RMS 1 ohm STABLE class d amp that's more than enough to drive it with problems you won't be able to find power ratings on the Bose systems.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's a dual voice coil you will not be able to use the Bose amp. You need to find out the ohms of
That sub using a multi meter then you will know what amp to get in my 99 escalade console it has a single voice coil that is 1.4 ohms I bought a 300 RMS 1 ohm STABLE class d amp that's more than enough to drive it with problems you won't be able to find power ratings on the Bose systems.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Actually, if you go to the Bose website, and then go into the automotive support area, there's a phone number to call.

Call that, and leave a message with your name, number, and the part number you want to know about. They got back to me in a day or two, I was actually surprised they called back. I was able to get info on the sub out of the Denali console I got.

But yeah, you're probably going to have to get a different amp. From what I've heard, the Bose amps have to be hooked up to the wiring harness mess, and that would be a pain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez