Windows hitting speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How much room do you need for them to clear? If it's not much you could cut a spacer ring out of MDF, mount that to the door, and mount the speakers to the spacer.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about a wedge-shaped half-moon spacer so the back end tilts away from the window? You could get away with a thinner spacer that way.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
So could you post a picture of your rear door panels? It just seems odd that your 4 door isn’t the same as suburban rear doors. Even regular Tahoe Yukons have same rear door panels as suburbans but are arched for wheel wells. Like mine shown here the grills just pop off no real work involved for doing replacements on rear doors. But a picture of yours would be best to help you out. I custom spray painted my grills And make the whole door panel look more on par being a Escalade aka “Cadillac” along with the door handles
You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here’s some spacers, if you have a jig saw or handy with a router you can make some. I don’t like using mdf in doors because they are susceptible to moisture. You can use it but spray them with bed liner or something.

Another diy option is cheap (HDPE) plastic cutting boards make good speaker rings that are water proof and can be worked with regular wood tools.