Winch setups!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to put a winch in my rig eventually. Can you guys post pics of you winch setups? Also how big doo I need on a 1500 4x4 (of course). 8000lbs? Too much too little?

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say ATLEAST 12k... I read an article somewhere that talked about that when you use a winch, you are usually in a mess, so you need to account for: vehicle weight, resistance of mess you're in, weight of mess you're in, and a few other variables, I'll see if I can find it...

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I've got a great web site for winch info, but it's at work. I'll post it up tomorrow.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
This is a 9k Mile Marker. I needed a winch for a competition(Log Crawl) and this was the cheapest one I could find. Worked okay, was a little clunky. I never felt safe in free spool, the clutch wasn't very direct. If I would have had the money I would have bought a Warn.

You must be registered for see images attach

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Warn XD9000i. Works just fine and actually keeps up with progress, I hate slow winches. I've only snatched it once and that was when we had 3 rigs pulling a 4th random near stock 04-07 GM HD out of a grill deep mud/clay pit.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Warn XD9000i. Works just fine and actually keeps up with progress, I hate slow winches. I've only snatched it once and that was when we had 3 rigs pulling a 4th random near stock 04-07 GM HD out of a grill deep mud/clay pit.

Way better than my Mile Marker. How is the free spool? Pretty direct clutch engagement? Ever "smoked" it?