WINCH MOUNT

Discussion in 'Full Custom Suspension / Cages / Fab' started by TIM GAINOUS, Sep 7, 2017.

1. TIM GAINOUS

TIM GAINOUS OMF

Just curious what everyone's using for a winch mount for the obs. Id like to mount a winch on mine and retain the factory bumper. Any feedback would be appreciated,thanks TG

2. gstubbz

gstubbz Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession

I know they make hitches that bolt where the tow hooks are at. My problem with those is they hang kind of low for my taste and I like ground clearance.

Personally I have a bumper (for my chevy) I bought with a hitch in the front and can use the multi-mount that is on my Dodge.

This is the only pic I have where there is a front mount winch with a stock bumper on a GMT400, kind of hard to see but it's there! Next time I see the guy's truck I'll take better pics of the winch mount setup.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  3. TIM GAINOUS

TIM GAINOUS OMF

That looks pretty good from what I can tell. I'm looking for something like that,do you know if it is a receiver type mount ?

4. GarrettGmc

GarrettGmc I'm Awesome

Think there's a couple companies that make the receivers for these truck on the front. I kno I was looking them up while back to mount one on my burb. But they will stick out farther so youll have less departure angle unless you leave it in the bed and only hook it up when need be.

5. gstubbz

gstubbz Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession

It has a 2" receiver mount. I would never want a fixed mount winch on the front in case I need to mount the winch on the back or in another truck!

6. mikwallace

mikwallace Newbie

IMG_4356.JPG IMG_4367.JPG I ordered this one from E bay. Custom made in KY. Works great with the winch I already had.

camaroman101 and GarrettGmc like this.
  7. 95SAS

95SAS Newbie

Nice set up mik, you have the name of the bumper company.
    TY Pete