Will a 2005 chevy tahoe lower control arm fit on a 99?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jumpingbison

Reaction score
Hey I am trying to find out if a lower control arm from a 05 tahoe fit a 99 tahoe because my passenger side is bent if I am going to spend the money I want it to look nice on my pavement princess

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The newer control arm can be bolted to the frame. The ball-joint stud is not compatible with the existing steering knuckle.

The video I watched showed the whole brake conversion--lower arm, knuckle, brake rotor, caliper, etc. Then the UPPER ball joint isn't compatible, so the newer steering knuckle has to have the taper reamed.

Just find a lower control arm from a GMT400. There's a million stamped arms in the Treasure Yard. Forged arms are harder to find.

Jumpingbison

Reaction score
The newer control arm can be bolted to the frame. The ball-joint stud is not compatible with the existing steering knuckle.

The video I watched showed the whole brake conversion--lower arm, knuckle, brake rotor, caliper, etc. Then the UPPER ball joint isn't compatible, so the newer steering knuckle has to have the taper reamed.

Just find a lower control arm from a GMT400. There's a million stamped arms in the Treasure Yard. Forged arms are harder to find.
So basically it would be all new arms upper lower and spindle

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So basically it would be all new arms upper lower and spindle
Lower arms, steering knuckles, then modify steering knuckles to fit the original (upper arm and) ball joint. Replace brakes along with steering knuckle.

Note that I have not done this conversion. I watched a YouTube video.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Lower arms, steering knuckles, then modify steering knuckles to fit the original (upper arm and) ball joint. Replace brakes along with steering knuckle.

If you watched the same video that I did, that was an 8-lug Suburban. The OP's Tahoe will be 6-lug, which changes a lot of things.

OP, you can't find new parts because the lower control arm isn't a wear part, and the vehicle is old enough that GM has mostly stopped supporting it. Get a used one, and clean it up.

Jumpingbison

Reaction score

You have been more help then most mind sharing the video so I can watch it as well I am coming up at a dead end

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, 1 lower A-arm is bent, and your solution is to replace 2 lowers...
2 knuckles
2 wheel bearings (and hope the ABS sensor is compatible)
2 brake rotors
Pads
2 calipers
Modify the taper in both knuckles
Dont forget to align it.

All that, instead of finding a matching, clean lower arm from ANY half ton (I assume 4x4) in a junkyard and putting it in?

Jumpingbison

Reaction score
Watch "the ULTIMATE BRAKE CONVERSION for your GMT400" on YouTube
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
if any one whats to see it here is the video that closely relates to what Schurkey was talking about