WHO WANTS A GOOD FIGHT? Motor Oil Poll

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Hey all.:flame:
Been searchin the net for oil performance. Didn't find anything here. I know, I know, I KNOW! everybody has their own traditions and wive's tales concerning oil, but on attempting to do a serious search, I have found nothin but a lot of pretentious egg heads who can't stop ****** on whether this additive component is more volatile or that base oil is more viscous. Or a bunch of know it all knuckleheads who can't let go of their 30 year old myths.

SO. anyhoo. I digress.

What I'm lookin for is what your FAVORITE oil is and weight. The filter you like. How long between changes and so forth. Your PERSONAL impressions and experiences please. Thanks in advance and good luck.

I've been usein Mobil1 10w30 and filter for years and had very good results. Less-to-no oil loss and burn. Much longer change intervals. Typically 7-10K. I have recently begun usein Mobil1 High Mileage 10w30. Haven't had it in long enough to tell if its better or worse.

Last edited:

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
imo, you arent doing your engine any favors going over 3000 between changes, just because the oil is still clean and up to level doesnt mean its not breaking down and not protecting like it was originaly. that being said, ive always used valvoline oils and ac filters up until they went to cheap ****, now i use mobil 1 filters. all new stuff gets 10w30 year round and all my older toys with high miles or built engines run 30w in the warm months and 10w30 in the winter if they are used.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
i change all my erls at the 3k mark. and i buy whatever is on sale.... cause i'm cheap. never had a problem but i also check my erls regularly and keep the level in a good position and if it looks dirty, i change it before 3k. just an old habbit i suppose.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
3--- or a little before. I have been running Mobil 1 full syn 10w- since the rebuild

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use either valvoline 10w30 or oreillys 10w30 with either a fram, wix or oreillys house brand oil filter.

3000 miles between changes. (mostly because thats how I was raised and I consider it cheap insurance.)

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Castrol I use a 10 40 in my white truck and change it every 3000

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run mobil 5000 oil 5w30 and ac delco filter and change every 3K, No oil loss and great oil pressure

All my other vehicles get 10w30 or 10w40

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run mobil 5000 oil 5w30 and ac delco filter and change every 3K, No oil loss and great oil pressure

All my other vehicles get 10w30 or 10w40

Please read the study linked above an stop using ac delco filters asap.

I run Valvoline or whatever is on sale. They all have to meet the same specs anyways. Used to be a believer in AC filters until I saw that study. Fram xtended guard now, change at 5k.

Guys you can go out to 5k now, esp if you drive mostly highway miles. Oils are a lot better now than they used to be. If you do lots of short trips or traffic then earlier is good. Most OE's recommend 7500 now on new cars.....

Last edited: